MARTIN UNITED METHODIST CHURCH CRAFT FAIR
Rules & Regulations
Welcome to our Craft Fair. This event is held at Martin United Methodist Church. The Church is located at 2621 Bedford Road, Bedford, TX 76021. Show time is Saturday, April 13, 2024, from 9:00 until 3:00pm.
Applications will be accepted on a competitive basis. In other words, please don’t wait until the last minute to send in your application – there may not be space available.
If you register and pay online, you will receive a system-generated email verifying that you have registered. However, you are not accepted as a vendor until you receive a confirmation from the Craft Fair Coordinator – Teresa Cochran.
Refunds will not be issued once a confirmation email has been sent by Craft Fair coordinator.
All vendors are required to collect, report, and pay state and local sales taxes. Martin UMC accepts no responsibility for sales tax collection at the event. For questions or further inquiry regarding Texas Sales Tax Information, contact: Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts @ 940-761-4141 or www.window.state.tx.us
- Set up: Saturday morning 6:30 – 9:00am. Driving nails or tack in the floor or walls of building is strictly prohibited. Tape is acceptable. We do not have the resources to allow vendors to set up on the Friday evening before the show opens on Saturday morning. We will have volunteers available to assist in moving your merchandise into your booth. Please be courteous of other vendors and unload as quick as possible in the designated UNLOADING areas then move your vehicle to the empty filed west of the church buildings.
- No Show: An exhibitor will be considered a NO SHOW if he/she has not arrived by 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. At that time, the booth space will be released for resale.
- Tear Down: The Craft Fair ends at 3:00 pm. No exhibits shall be broken down nor shall any removal of structures be made before 3:00 pm unless approved by Fair Coordinator. All vendor items must be removed from booth space area upon breakdown.
- Inside booth spaces are approximately 8 feet wide and 6 feet deep. Outside booth spaces are 10 x 10.
- Limited number of booths with electricity available, given on a first come first serve basis. Vendor MUST provide their own extension cords.
- If booth space is empty, it is not to be retained by another exhibitor without permission from the Vendor/Craft fair coordinator.
- Vehicles may not park in the fire lane after loading/unloading supplies.
- The show officials shall designate selling areas and each exhibitor shall sell and display within the confines of his/her designated area only.
- Exhibitors shall not bring upon or distribute on the grounds of Martin United Methodist Church any political, religious, handbills or solicitous materials without the consent of the show coordinator.
- Martin United Methodist Church reserves the right to restrict the sale, display or distribution of any printed materials, photographs, books, magazines, pictures, paraphernalia or other representations in order to maintain a proper moral and wholesome environment.
- Anything left on the premises of Martin United Methodist Church is done so entirely at the risk of the exhibitor. Martin United Methodist Church will not assume responsibility.
- The following will not be allowed for any reason: alcoholic beverages, amplifiers, and the sale of animals or lit candles.
- All exhibited items are subject to approval, and the Craft Fair coordinator reserves the right to refuse any exhibitor for any reason deemed necessary.
- Martin United Methodist Church, its members, officers, staff, volunteers, constituents, and pastors will not assume responsibility in the event of injury, accident or theft.
- Fair Coordinator reserves the right to limit the number of vendors selling similar merchandise. This is the purpose of the good description of your products.
- Event vendor shall conduct himself or herself at all times in an acceptable manner. If vendor fails to conduct him/herself in an acceptable manner, as deemed appropriate by the Fair Coordinator, then the vendor will forfeit all monies paid and be removed from the remainder of the show.
- Each participating exhibitor is responsible for collecting and making their own change for their own transactions; (cash, check or credit card). Transactions must be conducted between the buyer and the exhibitor.
- Any individual acting on behalf of Martin United Methodist Church shall not be held liable for any reason whatsoever for loss, theft, spoilage, or damage of equipment or utility malfunctions resulting in a loss to the exhibitor, and to any theft, damage, or spoilage to personal property, rented property, or items being offered, stored, or held for sale, or for individuals assisting, or volunteering assistance to the exhibitor in the operation or setting up or of taking down exhibitor.
- Before leaving on Saturday, exhibitors are expected to return a feedback sheet. This information is needed for feedback on our advertising techniques and so forth, and without exception, shall be kept confidential.