MinistrySafe is the official abuse prevention system for all churches in the Central Texas Conference (CTC). The transition from the Safe Sanctuaries prevention system to MinistrySafe was completed in July 1, 2015. Adopted by the 2014 Central Texas Annual Conference as the conference’s required abuse prevention system, MinistrySafe provides churches a comprehensive system of resources to assist in the design and implementation of safety systems, which reduce the risk of abuse of children, youth and vulnerable adults. The MinistrySafe system includes these foundational components:
- A MinistrySafe policy in each congregation;
- Volunteer/staff screening, including an application, interview and reference check;
- Appropriate criminal background check for volunteers/staff;
- Online training for volunteers/staff;
- A unique control panel for each church to assist in record keeping during each part of the process, and automatic renewal of training;
- Monitoring tools for periodic review of the system.
MinistrySafe provides all CTCUMC churches, regardless of size, with access to appropriate and necessary resources to implement an appropriate safety program. We have a strong Cabinet in place, and I am confident that together we will create new opportunities and a safe environment for our congregation. Please note that this policy pertains to staff members (paid or volunteer) as well as volunteer workers from the congregation.
Your cooperation in ensuring that William C. Martin UMC is in full compliance with this policy is greatly appreciated. We want to ensure that our ministries are God honoring, and not in any way harmful to those who participate.
I would like to volunteer, what do I do next?
Four safety steps before working and volunteering –
- Step One: Abuse Awareness Training – to receive the training link email Faiana Funaki.
- Step Two: Screening Process – (Click Here for all the necessary forms for this process) – an interview must be scheduled with one of the Ministry Safe team members (schedule below)
- Step Three: Policies & Procedures – Click Here for the Ministry Safe Policy. The last page must be signed and sent in with the forms:
- Step Four: Criminal Background Click Here
Interested in volunteering to work with children? Contact Robin Bratton (Director of Children’s Ministry).
Interested in volunteering to work with youth? Contact Rev. Faiana Funaki (Director of Youth Ministries).
Deanna Molsbee‘s interview hours: Wednesdays 3-5 p.m.; Thursdays 3-5 p.m. and Sundays 2-3 p.m.
Doug Northup‘s interview hours: Thursdays 1-4 p.m.
Faiana Funaki’s interview hours: Tuesdays 3:30-4:45 p.m., Wednesdays 10:30 a.m. to noon & 3:30-4:45 p.m.
Robin Bratton’s interview hours: Mondays & Wednesdays 8:30-11 a.m.